It’s Friday and time for another floral card.
I love floral cards and Altenew is one of the best when it comes to floral stamp designs. For today’s card I combined some Altenew and MFT stamps and dies and used a different color combination inspired by Esther Patrick and Altenew Inspiration Challenge Class of 2018 (June).
- Altenew Coral Charm stamp and die set
- Altenew Thinking of You stamp (sentiment)
- Altenew Peony Bouquet stamp and die set
- MFT Distress Patterns stamp
- MFT Abstract Heart die
- Hero Arts Infinity Dies Nesting Circle
- I stamped the large Coral Charm flower and a few leaves from Peony Bouquet stamp set on Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 80lbs card stock using Versafine Onyx Black and cut them with the coordinating dies.
- I then used Zig Art & Graphic Twin markers in Violet, Light Violet, Light Blue and Pale Green to color the images. (Note: the colors were applied with a brush to the card stock to control intensity and achieve a better blending)
- For the card base I used an Australian standard sized card base (15×10.5 cm) as for me it looked better for the overall design but an A2 size will be fine as well.
- To create the raised focal panel I used a piece of white card stock and my scoring board and embossed parallel lines every 1/8′, then trimmed the panel to 3.5’x4.25′ and stamped some distress images using the MFT Distress Patterns stamp and the Pale Green Zig marker.
- I cut the circle from white card stock using two sizes dies from Hero Arts Nesting Circles, then used the Zig marker in Light Blue to color match the floral image.
- The heart was cut from white card stock using the MFT Abstract Heart die
To assemble the card I positioned and stamped the sentiment, foam mounted the embossed panel, added the die cut circle and secured the abstract heart to the card using the foam tape used to adhere the floral image. The leaves were added with tape runner and the card was done.
Until next time – have fun creating.