Hello crafty friends and Happy Christmas. I hope you are having a wonderful time with family and friends.
Today I finished a birthday card for the current MFT Birthday Project challenge. The brief was to ‘Celebrate your glamorous friends this holiday season with birthday cards that reflect their love of sparkle & shine by amping up your look with glitter, sequins, and metallic accents.’
Well, this is my rendition of the brief.
- MFT BB Little Buddies stamp and die set
- MFT Happy Birthday Circle Frame die
- MFT Scallop Cross-Stitch Tag die
- MFT Stitched Rectangle Scallop Frames die
- MFT Distress Patterns stamp set
- Neat & Tangled Sequin Mix – Starry Night
- Neat & Tangled Sequin Mix – Like Magic
- Seed beads – silver
- Wow Silver Fine Detail embossing powder
- Derwent Inktense Pencils
I started by stamping the cute little boy from BB Little Buddies stamp set with Versamark Onyx Black ink on Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 80lbs card stock, colored the image with Derwent Inktense Pencils, then die cut the image and set it aside to work on the other elements.
For the shaker element
- I selected one of the frames from MFT Stitched Rectangle Scallop Frames die and adhered a piece of acetate behind with double sided tape. I then added thin strips of foam tape to create the walls of my shaker.
- For the backing layer I repeatedly stamped one of the distress images from MFT Distress Patterns stamp set with Altenew Crisp Dye ink in Sea Glass on a piece of white card stock, then die cut the panel slightly smaller than my scalloped frame, but making sure that it does reach and cover the foam tape.
- I then flipped my scalloped frame upside down, added a mixture of sequis and seed beads and adhered the backing to seal my shaker. I flipped it over and adhered the shaker element to the card base with double sided tape.
For the focal background of my image
- I die cut the Happy Birthday circle and heat embossed it with two layers of silver embossing powder (to create a smoother metallic finish).
- I used the MFT Scallop Cross-Stitch Tag die on a piece of scratch card stock
- I die cut the perforated piece with a circle die to fit behind the Happy Birthday circle and adhered the two elements with Ranger Matte Medium.
The focal background was added to the shaker with double sided tape and the image was mounted with foam squares… I love the result and I hope you like it too.
Well this is another card from me done.
Until next time, have fun creating.