It’s Friday, yay! Time for another card and this time I used the color combination and inspiration sketch from two MFT challenges they are currently running.
MFT Color Challenge #107
and MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge – Sketch #415
So here is my interpretation. These owls are so cute…
- MFT Owl My Love stamp set
- MFT Grand Greenery Dies set
- Hero Arts Infinity Dies – Nesting Circles
- Distress Inks in Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Tumbled Glass and Mermaid Lagoon
- Zig Art & Graphic Twin markers Light Blue, Peach Pink, Wine Red, Light Green
I started by stamping the two owls with Versafine Onyx Black. I colored them using the Zig markers (wish I had some Copics), fussy cut the two owls leaving a small white border, then set them aside to work on the other layers and elements.
- Base layer – 4.25’x5.5′ white card stock panel to which I added some organic splatter with diluted Silver acrylic paint.
- Raised focal layer – 4.25’x5.5′ white card stock panel dry embossed with the nesting circles from Hero Arts. I then die cut the circle window and trimmed the panel to 3’x4.75′.
- Sentiment strip – stamped with Versamark and white heat embossed on colored card stock.
- Colored inset – piece of white card stock blended with Distress Inks and trimmed to size.
- Greenery – die cut from colored card stock
To assemble I adhered the base layer to a card base then positioned and adhered the colored inset, foam mounted the raised focal white layer, added the sentiment strip and positioned the cute owls as if they were sitting in their nest. Hoot! Hoot! I added the greenery and some black Nuvo drops to their eyes, and the card was done.
I hope you like my little owls… sending “owl” their love…
Until next time – have fun creating